The mission of the Information Systems (IS) Division is to manage the City’s information system and telecommunication system resources on behalf of the citizens, elected officials, and staff members of the City of Norman to insure that they receive the maximum possible return on their investment in those resources and that those resources are properly utilized,safeguarded, and available when needed.
The Information Systems (IS) Division, a division of the Finance Department, provides information systems management services and telecommunication systems management services to all departments of the City of Norman. These services include:
- Electronic mail support
- Internet access support
- Web design and maintenance
- Software consulting and programming support
- PC network management services
- Personal computer technical support
- IBM iSeries systems management, programming, and operations services
- Telecommunication systems and equipment management, troubleshooting, and consulting services.
Approximately 510 IBM iSeries and Windows based personal computer network clients, including the Norman Police Department Patrol Division’s Mobile Display Terminal (MDT) laptop computers and the Fire Department’s MDT laptop computers, are currently being supported.
IBM iSeries applications include the following Sungard Public Sector software products:
- GMBA system (consisting of the General Ledger, Accounts Payable, and Budget Preparation applications)
- Payroll/Personnel system
- Customer Service (Utility Billing) system
- Community Development system (consisting of Building Permits, and Land Management applications)
- Municipal Court system
- Fixed Asset Management system
- Occupational Licensing system (includes business licensing and trades licensing such as plumbers, electricians, heat and air conditioning, sign contractors, house/structure movers, etc.)
- Purchasing/Inventory Control system
Major PC-based applications currently being supported are:
- CityWorks Work Order Management System from Azteca Systems
- Workers Compensation Claims Management System from MicroNiche, Inc.
- Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system
- Police Records Management System (RMS) from Global Software Corporation,
- Utility Management System hand held meter reading system from Radix Corporation
- Golf course pro shop management system purchased from Golf Systems, Inc.
- Water Treatment Plant data collection and reporting application developed for the City by OASIS Technologies, Inc.
- Water Treatment and Wastewater Treatment Plants’ respective SCADA (plant control and monitoring) systems.
Staffing for the division consists of:
- Information Systems Manager
- IBM iSeries Computer Programmer / Analyst
- IBM iSeries Computer Programmer / Operator / Web Designer
- PC Programmer
- Network Manager
- Network Administrator
- Internet Services Technician
- Systems Support Technician / Web Designer
- Telecommunications Coordinator